Saving your back with a small dumpster with wheels


I just got a small dumpster with wheels which I will use to throw trimmings into and then wheel into the garage to dump into my large dumpster. If I were younger I'd consider it lazy, but now that I'm older I consider it smart.

Last year I used an old cardboard box that I dragged through the house, which was an improvement from doing a thousand trips, but it had some drawbacks, mainly that it required me to lean over and pull it. It was a big box, but only a couple of feet high (at the most) and of course it didn't have wheels. This year I've fixed that. The dumpster I have now is about four feet high and is narrow enough to easy roll through the living room and the kitchen out to the garage.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm still doing my lower back exercises, but in my workout room under controlled circumstances, not in my garden with crazy little wiener dogs running around. Here, I'll show you what it looks like in the garden:


There ya go. I had mixed feelings about leaving it out, but at least for now I'm gonna do that. I can "chip away" at the trimming, and do it little by little it at my leisure (which will also save my back from overuse). Then it will live in the garage until next spring.

Whenever I do something like this I wonder why I didn't do it before? But I was younger then, and I'm older now. I love tending to my garden and I hope to be doing it for many, many more years to come!

Thank you for the encouragement! If you want to see daily pics of my adventures on my recumbent trike in suburban Phoenix (just for fun, of course!) you can follow me on buymeacoffee.com/bradhall, and you can buy me a coffee if you'd like to!

  Buy Me A Coffee

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Growing sunflowers from Pennsylvania in Arizona

How to tell if your cycad (sago palm) is alive or dead

Rooting sago palm pups for more plants