Kimo lightweight cordless hedge trimmer first impressions


I just tried out my new Kimo hedge trimmer today, and I like it. I have a small garden, and no need for large, heavy tools. If you're a pro, this tool isn't for you. It's small and light. For size reference, that's my miniature dachshund there sniffing it, and her legs are approx. 1 1/2 inches long.

Another reason that I bought this brand is that I already have the leaf blower, and they both use the same charger. So now I have a spare battery, and charger, and I don't have to mess with setting up another charger. I'll never be using the leaf blower and the hedge trimmer at exactly the same time, so it's perfect for me.


There is something new that took some getting used to for me. It's a safety feature, and since my last hedge trimmer I bought about twenty years ago, I understand why they do this - it requires two hands to keep the blades running. That is, you have to hold the top handle while you depress the trigger. With my old hedge trimmer I could swing it around like one of the Three Musketeers, but not with this one. And while it's a good safety feature, I found that getting it around required more leaning than I was used to, and I felt it in my lower back. Gotta watch that!

Anyway, it works great, and made quick work of the overgrown plants in the front yard. In fact, it was over so quickly that I hardly remember being out there. I was all excited when I saw the box, I read the instructions (yes, I do that), got the battery, put on my gloves and my safety goggles, and went out to trim. I'll probably wander out tomorrow to do some blowing to tidy up a bit.

So there ya go. Highly recommended for small gardens!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Growing sunflowers from Pennsylvania in Arizona

How to tell if your cycad (sago palm) is alive or dead

Rooting sago palm pups for more plants