Protecting the garden with beautiful, razor-sharp spikes

My friends know that I have a particular horror of people walking up into the garden. Not only do they crush tiny plants with their big clumsy feet, but they kick the watering heads, which I have to go back and repair. Unfortunately, some of the nicest people enthusiastically walk into garden beds, especially if they have brought the beer. And if you even hint that you don't want them to do it, well, you may as well be criticizing their driving. And so I want to protect my garden and not annoy people.

I have just discovered agaves. Now, before you say "yuk" - if you live in the valley you have probably only seen the common, ugly ones. Agaves, like this Agave potatorum cv. Kichiokan are quite beautiful. And no, you won't find them at your local Home Depot. I got this one yesterday at Summer Winds. They are very small and very expensive. They are also extremely deadly. So I don't have to tell you not to walk there, it's pretty obvious. At least I hope so!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Growing sunflowers from Pennsylvania in Arizona

How to tell if your cycad (sago palm) is alive or dead

Rooting sago palm pups for more plants