My neighbor's new purple-leaf plum tree

I just realized that my neighbor directly east of me has planted a purple-leaf plum tree, and I am thrilled. You can just see it in the photo poking up behind the six-foot block wall. It must have been there for a while, and I am now seeing it!

There used to be a beautiful ficus tree there, but it was killed in the big frost of 2007. And the area did seem a little bare after that.  The new tree will cut down on the blazing morning sunshine and will be a beautiful backdrop for this part of The Tropical Paradise. I'm lucky to have such good neighbors!

By the way, here is a photo that I found on the web that shows a little bit more of a purple-leaf plum tree.
Purple-leaf plum tree



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Growing sunflowers from Pennsylvania in Arizona

How to tell if your cycad (sago palm) is alive or dead

Rooting sago palm pups for more plants