Coleus Dipt in Wine in Arizona

It's the first week of April here at The Tropical Paradise and I am finally making some progress on my coleus garden. Trying to grow coleus from seed has been a miserable failure and I have been waiting for the nurseries to start bringing in the coleus. Coleus are pretty frost-tender so you can't expect to buy them when the weather is still cool.

This is what I found at Summerwinds nursery here in Glendale, Arizona. It's called Dipt in Wine and I think that it is just stunning. There are lots of varieties of coleus, so you can get what you like. I bought three of them, took cuttings from them all and then planted them in various shady places around The Tropical Paradise. They say that they these new varieties are sun-resistant, but they don't mean Phoenix, Arizona in the summer!
Reading the tag - ignore that is says "Sun" - not in Phoenix! The numbers are for the lowest temperature that it can take (in F).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Growing sunflowers from Pennsylvania in Arizona

How to tell if your cycad (sago palm) is alive or dead

Rooting sago palm pups for more plants