Alocasia amazonica (African Mask plant)

It's March 16th and I just received my Alocasia Amazonia (African Mask plant) from Easy to Grow Bulbs this morning. Wow - is it beautiful! I have to admit that I had no idea that the presentation would be so spectacular - I was just expecting a bulb. It came in a container very well protected with two beautiful leaves. I've got it in the ground already - in the area where my other Elephant Ears have been doing so well for years. This is definitely the wettest and shadiest area that I have here at The Tropical Paradise. Other plants that are doing well here are the begonias and the zamia "coontie" cycad.

No, I don't know if it will be OK here in Arizona. But I am growing Elephant Ears here, and it's planted right near my back door so I can keep an eye on it if it shows signs of suffering from heat, or, in the winter, cold. A plant like this is worth the extra care! I will let you know how it does. I'm experimenting mostly.

Popular posts from this blog

Growing sunflowers from Pennsylvania in Arizona

How to tell if your cycad (sago palm) is alive or dead

Rooting sago palm pups for more plants