Brass hose connector

I installed a new brass hose connector to the hose bib in the front courtyard just now. This is a Gilmour Brass 4-way connector, which I ordered on Amazon. It was considerably more expensive than the Orbit one that I had purchased at Target, but what caught my eye is that the handles are brass, not plastic. This sits out in the sun in blazing heat, and the plastic just breaks. Hopefully this will last longer.

There are two hoses connected this - one that reaches all the way to the backyard, and one for the front. On the far right is the battery-powered timer, which I have turned back on for the season, beginning with 20 minutes every seven days. As the weather warms up, I will leave the duration the same, but move it up to every four days, and in the hottest days of the summer, it will come on daily. Then it goes back down and then completely off during the winter.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Growing sunflowers from Pennsylvania in Arizona

How to tell if your cycad (sago palm) is alive or dead

Rooting sago palm pups for more plants