Freesia and alyssum progress after two months

I planted this freesia on the first week of October and they are now growing strong here at the end of the first week of December. According to Easy to Grow Bulbs, I can expect flowers in 90 days, so with any luck I will see blooms around Christmastime, or more probably January. There is also alyssum *carpet of snow* planted at the base, which I grew from seed. I think that they will make a nice combination. I have this freesia/alyssum combination in a lot of places around The Tropical Paradise - even out front.

I am getting a surprising amount of sun right here for a couple of reasons - first, because the sun is so much lower in the winter, and secondly because I had big branch of the olive tree trimmed off in the fall. Remember that your flowering plants need sunshine!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Growing sunflowers from Pennsylvania in Arizona

How to tell if your cycad (sago palm) is alive or dead

Rooting sago palm pups for more plants