Freesia just starting to sprout after a month

I have to admit that it worried me not to see any sprouting from my freesia Sunset Sisters for the past month, but they are finally growing a little. They were planted a month ago, on October 13th, and I got so worried a couple of weeks ago, I dug some up just to be sure that they were OK. They were in the same state that I had planted them, no roots and no sprouts, so I put them back. All of my other bulbs have been happily growing, including the sparaxis, which sprouted after only a few days.

Maybe the Sunset Sisters are just shy! I hope that they will get growing now. I gave them a nice drink of Super Thrive® and there was a gentle rain last night, so they have everything they need. All I need to do now is to be patient!
Life will find a way!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Growing sunflowers from Pennsylvania in Arizona

How to tell if your cycad (sago palm) is alive or dead

Rooting sago palm pups for more plants