Danvers carrots after 2 1/2 months

Today is November 4, and this carrot was planted on August 15th. This is a variety called Danvers, and, no they aren't miniatures, and yes, this is the largest one so far. All I can say is that I hope that they do a lot more growing pretty fast as they are supposed to be full-sized carrots. This one wouldn't really interest a small rabbit, although I ate it, and it was pretty tasty.

As you know, when I planted them last summer, I prepared the area by digging out a deep hole and replacing it with sand and potting soil. There is at least a foot of loose-training soil that these carrots should be growing into. I have to admit that I am pretty disappointed in what the harvest will be, and am getting a much clearer picture of how people must have reacted when they felt winter coming on and food was scarce.

Luckily, there is a grocery store nearby!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Growing sunflowers from Pennsylvania in Arizona

How to tell if your cycad (sago palm) is alive or dead

Rooting sago palm pups for more plants