Sowing flower seeds in The Tropical Paradise

In addition to starting flower seeds in small pots and flats, this year I am sowing them directly into the ground. This is all experimentation, but I figure since the weeds have been growing so well in these places, flowers should, too! Right here under the Phoenix canariensis-rupicola palm tree cross, I have planted petunas, dwarf snapdragons, and alyssum. There are also a lot of daffodil bulbs there so I'm hoping that it will look a lot more interesting in a month or two!

As you can see, I have a sprayer head that covers this area very nicely, and there is also a mister towards the back. It's a tricky balance to get the flowers to flourish here, they need to be in a sunny area to bloom, but it can't be too hot and sunny that it kills the tiny sprouts. I will keep an eye on it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Growing sunflowers from Pennsylvania in Arizona

How to tell if your cycad (sago palm) is alive or dead

Rooting sago palm pups for more plants