Growing carrots in the garden here in Arizona

I am now harvesting my carrots. My intention was just to create a nice, ferny ground cover, which I did, and the harvest is a bonus. I planted miniature carrots, because, well, I like miniatures. They did surprisingly well and are delicious, probably even more so because I grew them in my backyard.

This is my first season for carrots, and I will definitely do it again. I planted them in the cool of the late winter months and am harvesting them now in the spring. I figure that I will plant more seeds come September or October.

By the way, the plants in the background are Canna Tropicannas and ornamental garlic (Allium). To the right is Canis lupis familaris, var. dachshund.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Growing sunflowers from Pennsylvania in Arizona

How to tell if your cycad (sago palm) is alive or dead

Rooting sago palm pups for more plants