The Tropical Paradise at night

Up-lighting tropical foliage is so cool. It always reminds me of expensive resorts and being on vacation, and it's actually pretty easy to do and not that expensive.

My post about Malibu Lighting is here.

This is my backyard, and I don't need the light shining all night, especially in my bedroom window, so I just have it hooked up to an ordinary on/off switch.

To get the most out of a nighttime garden, try to plant some white flowering plants. The petunias in the lower left are just starting to bloom, and you can't really see it in this picture, but they make for nice little "sparkles of light" in the garden. The palm just left of center in the picture is a Ravenea rivularis (commonly called a "Majesty Palm") and is available just about anywhere. The trunk on the right, and the plant directly behind it is a Phoenix roebelenii  (Dwarf date palm), also commonly available here, and does well in the Phoenix, Arizona area.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Growing sunflowers from Pennsylvania in Arizona

How to tell if your cycad (sago palm) is alive or dead

Rooting sago palm pups for more plants