Misters in the Tropical Paradise

One of the things I have here at The Tropical Paradise is a misting system. It's the same as the types of misting systems that you see over patios at restaurants around here in Phoenix, except, of course, that it is on the ground, and it's for the plants. Personally, I don't care for misting systems that spray all over me, but the plants love it.

It's nothing elaborate, just a plain misting system that I got at Home Depot. The trunk line runs along the ground, just under the soil, and the misting heads are set on risers that I get at Amazon, which are about 3 inches tall. You can see one just to the left of the "cardboard palm" (Zamia furfuracea) cycad.

In the summer, I have it set to come on every few hours. The plants love the added humidity. I can feel the air cool when the misters come on, and I hope that the plants do, too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Growing sunflowers from Pennsylvania in Arizona

How to tell if your cycad (sago palm) is alive or dead

Rooting sago palm pups for more plants