Marking a water line with jagged rocks


There are two systems here in the Tropical Paradise that bring water to my plants, the main line, and the misting line. The main line runs behind the garden, and the misting line runs through it, right where you're looking. So, as you might have guessed, it makes me nervous when I start to dig for a new plant, like I just did a few minutes ago, while planting some annuals.

Since I use rocks to mark where the line is, I assumed that it went straight up after going past the lights (where the river rocks are), but to my surprise it travels to the right, where I almost accidentally dug into it. Luckily I missed, but just barely. I opened up the area, filled it with a lot of potting soil, planted the annuals on each side of the line and marked it with some jagged rocks. The river rocks will go away after I get some more potting soil, and I'll plant more of the alyssum there.

There are also daffodils down there, and hopefully they will re-bloom this year, so I don't want to accidentally dig into them, either.

Once you see the line of jagged rocks, the place where the line is becomes obvious, but when you step back, they just blend in with the garden. A good trick!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Growing sunflowers from Pennsylvania in Arizona

How to tell if your cycad (sago palm) is alive or dead

Rooting sago palm pups for more plants