Why you should get a decent pair of leather gardening gloves


Something that I've noticed about myself, along with most of my fellow men, is that we tend to be idiots, especially concerning the protection of our bodies. In a longish life I've found that women tend to be wise enough to know that they should wear gloves if they're going to be exposing their skin to, for example, plants that might injure them. Most of the men I know, including myself, tend to scoff at this, and just continue to hurt themselves, gouging their hands.

Yes, we're men, and if you cut us, do we not bleed? We do. And over the years while I've been lavish about what I do for my garden, and even my dogs, I've been cheap about myself. The gloves that I've used (except for the nice heavy-duty gauntlet gloves) have been flimsy and cheap. Why exactly it never seemed to occur to me to get a decent pair of leather gloves for when I'm out gardening, I really have no idea. But I fixed that yesterday. Never too old to learn!

I got a pair of decent leather work gloves while I was at the hardware store yesterday. No, not some particular brand, but decent, and leather. I wear a medium and they fit great. I used them for the first time today while trimming some cycad fronds and all I can say is, "What took me so long?"

So get yourself from decent leather gloves for gardening!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Growing sunflowers from Pennsylvania in Arizona

How to tell if your cycad (sago palm) is alive or dead

Rooting sago palm pups for more plants