The best potting soil for the Phoenix, Arizona area


Whether you have potted plants, or your plants are planted in the ground, I highly recommend a good quality potting soil, the kind that has fertilizer and moisture crystals already mixed in. Over the years I've used a lot of it.

No, I'm not selling anything here, nor is a company giving me a kickback, I just hate seeing your plants die. And since I started many years ago using cheap potting soil, I've learned over the years to get the good stuff. Or to get it for your birthday (hint-hint)!

Yes, you can make this stuff yourself, by buying cheap potting soil and then adding dry fertilizer and moisture crystals yourself. I've done that. But nowadays I just spring the extra bucks and get it all mixed together for me. I have no idea if the cost is more, or less (I guess it depends on the value of my time, and if I got a good price on the moisture crystals and dry fertilizer).

There really is no miracle to get plants to grow. Even if you've done everything right, sometimes they die, or do poorly. Please don't ask me why - I just try again, and again, and again. From my point of view, it's all about getting the odds in your favor - and good potting soil helps. I've found that if I try to take advantage of every trick I can, my odds get better.

I hope this helps. Hint - I have a birthday every year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Growing sunflowers from Pennsylvania in Arizona

How to tell if your cycad (sago palm) is alive or dead

Rooting sago palm pups for more plants