How to control flies in your garden


All gardens attract flies. If you have a dog, like I do, and even if you clean up regularly, you'll have flies. At the very least flies are attracted to water, and your garden has water.

I've been controlling flies here at the Tropical Paradise for over twenty years. And if you're wondering how it's done, it's just a continual battle. I like to pick out something different every year when I'm out shopping. The brand doesn't matter, as long as it's something that controls flies. I picked this one today because I like the color blue.

My preference is something that either sticks, or traps them. I made the mistake when I first starting doing this of hanging the trap out where I could see it, but that's disgusting. Fly traps attract flies, and very soon you'll have a collection of dead flies to look at, so I put them behind my tree, and along the side of my house, out of sight.

And that's it. If you're looking for some miracle that will catch every fly in your yard, you're either much more optimistic than I am, or younger, and probably both. So go find something, and get started controlling those flies. Put them out, walk away, and that's really the best you can do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Growing sunflowers from Pennsylvania in Arizona

How to tell if your cycad (sago palm) is alive or dead

Rooting sago palm pups for more plants