Hiding a tree stump

Many years ago, a young idiot (me) planted a tree waaay too close to the wall. A couple of years ago, I paid to have the tree removed. I like trees, but this one was at risk of falling, and taking my nice block wall with it. It had to go.

I didn't pay extra for stump removal, and I figured that I could cover it up with rocks or something. Everything that I tried has failed, so I'm going to cover it up with a plant - cape honeysuckle. You know, like a comb-over.

Cape honeysuckle is a wonderful, fast-growing tropical-looking plant that can be kept at just about any size you want. The one on the right (behind the cycad) has been here since right after I bought the house, and I keep it a couple of feet tall and about six feet wide. The new one, in front of the stump, I got it as a one-gallon at Lowe's and I cut off most of the foliage. I am going to want this plant to grow in a bushy way. Once it's established, it will be in front, and over the stump, and that's all I want. I keep the area next to the wall clear and wide enough to allow access (it's barely a foot there), so that should be about perfect for covering up the stump.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Growing sunflowers from Pennsylvania in Arizona

How to tell if your cycad (sago palm) is alive or dead

Rooting sago palm pups for more plants