Refinement to The Outback

I don't get many visitors here to The Tropical Paradise, but I usually watch them walk to see how my design is working. Unfortunately, my design for The Outback was a failure.

The idea was to create a space that said "this is not part of the trail", but I have to admit, it still kind'a looked that way. Good design should never have a "do not enter" sign, but it should be just as clear. His suggestions, which I am working on right now, included removing the last pieces of the trail, and putting in more cactus.

I am excited about developing this part of the garden, and I am going to move in more aloes, agaves, and succulents in general. Don't know if I will go as far as real cactus, that always seemed to be a poor mix with "tropical". But, as you can see, it still looks like an area to walk in, so I have more work to do!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Growing sunflowers from Pennsylvania in Arizona

How to tell if your cycad (sago palm) is alive or dead

Rooting sago palm pups for more plants