Continuing work on The Outback

Even though The Tropical Paradise has an automatic watering system, it's important to have access to water with a hose. The hose bib for the backyard is conveniently placed in the northwest corner, and I used it for many years. The problem with that convenience is that is was very visible. Still, plants gotta have water, so I put up with it.

A couple of years ago, I got rid of the hose in the backyard, got a really, really long hose, hooked it up in the front courtyard, threaded it along the side yard, and started using that. I had an ugly short hose hung on the back of the olive tree that somehow I had convinced myself was not visible. It was - and the more I worked on The Outback, the more I saw it.

So this morning, I got rid of it. I will get a hose reel that will be tucked away around the corner of the house, and when I need to water the garden with a hose, I will use that.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Growing sunflowers from Pennsylvania in Arizona

How to tell if your cycad (sago palm) is alive or dead

Rooting sago palm pups for more plants