Christmas Greetings from the West

It's very early Christmas morning here at The Tropical Paradise and I heard a sound even earlier this morning than I don't usually here at this time of year - voices, and the laughter of children. What are people doing outside this early in the morning? Don't they know how cold it is? Then I started pondering.

It's 45 degrees out there right now. But probably one of my neighbors has family visiting from back east. If it's anywhere near where I grew up, Minneapolis, the weather here, even at 45 degrees, must be glorious. Even if you have to throw on a sweatshirt, it's not like where I grew up, with temperatures below zero (which is 32 degrees below freezing, by the way). I delivered newspapers as a kid there and there were mornings that were 32 degrees below zero. That's sixty-four degrees below freezing, it you're following.

Anyway, my point is - isn't it great to be in Phoenix on Christmas Day? I've lived here for a long time, and sometimes it just takes something like this to make me appreciate it just a little bit more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Growing sunflowers from Pennsylvania in Arizona

How to tell if your cycad (sago palm) is alive or dead

Rooting sago palm pups for more plants