Petunias in the court yard

Yesterday as I was removing some of the paver blocks that had shifted over the years, I noticed that my court yard really looked terrible. It's a space that I don't use much, an area near the front door and behind a four-foot wall with a gate. So, you really can't see this space from the street, and I didn't really look at it much over the years as I, like most people in the Phoenix area, go in and out of my house through the garage.

This area I have used as a place for rehabilitating plants, so there is good shade, a watering system, and some big pots. There are several cycads and a little palm tree that I got years ago that I really didn't want but was unable to give away. It's growing, so I'm going to let it live here. And to bring it all together I went to Lowe's yesterday for some annual flowers.

By the far the best annual flower for this is the petunia. It has a wonderful vining shape so it will not only fill the pots, it will spill over the sides. It flowers, as you know, like crazy, and it grows like a house on fire. I bought two six-packs at $1.99 each. Previous readers of my blog will know that I tried to grow annuals from seed over the past two seasons and failed miserably. Spend the two bucks!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Growing sunflowers from Pennsylvania in Arizona

How to tell if your cycad (sago palm) is alive or dead

Rooting sago palm pups for more plants