Sago Palm bouquet of flowers

This combination of a sago palm (Cycas revoluta) and freesia is just amazing me. As you can see, I am getting so many blooms that some of the flower stalks are tipping over. You can see where I tied them onto some of the fronds - and I need to get some bamboo sticks for staking the ones that won't reach.

My recommendation if you want to do this is to have the flowers in an area that is easy to tend to. The old blooms need to be plucked off regularly and you need to keep an eye on plant tipping. I had a bunch of them in the front yard, and they all just tipped over and looked terrible. Looks good here, don't you think?

By the way, it's March 26th and this is in the Phoenix, Arizona area. The freesia flower bulbs were planted in October. They are called *Sunset Sisters* and came from Easy to Grow Bulbs.

Popular posts from this blog

Growing sunflowers from Pennsylvania in Arizona

How to tell if your cycad (sago palm) is alive or dead

Rooting sago palm pups for more plants