Freesia blooming in Arizona in February

It's February 14th and I just noticed the first flower of the freesias that I planted in the front yard starting to open. Now that's actually happening, it's pretty impressive. When I planted them, last October, I watched the video at Easy to Grow Bulbs that explained how many flowers there would be. And it should be pretty amazing in a few weeks. Each bulb has about four stems, each stem has about 12 flowers. And I planted a LOT of bulbs!

As I expected, the plants getting the most sun are blooming first. My front yard faces the setting sun, and is very, very, hot in the summer, so it's the best for spring-blooming flowers. In the backyard, where I have more freesias planted, some haven't even started sending up stems. But they will!

I expect to see these plants flowering in profusion throughout February and March.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Growing sunflowers from Pennsylvania in Arizona

How to tell if your cycad (sago palm) is alive or dead

Rooting sago palm pups for more plants