Hyacinth returning year after year

Here in The Tropical Paradise I've experimented with a lot of plants and the successes thrive while the failures disappear, both from the garden and my memory. Here is a hyacinth that I first planted in 2008, coming back up for another show in 2012. Unlike my daffodils, the hyacinths didn't bloom and grow as large as when they were new. But they do keep coming back!

According to my records, the hyacinths are in full bloom by mid-February. After they bloom, let the leaves die back naturally and turn brown, then trim them off.

As soon as I see a bulb begin to emerge, I give it a nice drink of Super Thrive and Miracle Grow, and some dry slow-release plant food. They wake up hungry, so be generous!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Growing sunflowers from Pennsylvania in Arizona

How to tell if your cycad (sago palm) is alive or dead

Rooting sago palm pups for more plants