Growing dwarf snapdragons from cuttings

Here at The Tropical Paradise, I'm experimenting mostly. Even though my garden seems like a success, most of what I have tried has failed. But, it doesn't show, and I have a poor memory for failure so I just keep experimenting.

I have been successful growing some dwarf snapdragons from seed, enough that I needed to cut them back a bit, so I thought that I would try rooting some cuttings. Here they are in a tray in little pots made from the bottom of paper coffee cups. The other plants, by the way, are alyssum. As you can see, the leaves are curling back, which shows they they need water, but they have only been in the pots for a couple of days. From what I've read, you should mist them regularly, and I am.

I tried rooting begonias and cyclamen, and they didn't work. But I never give up. I'll let you know how the snapdragons do.

Update 2-25-2012 - I finally pulled these little guys up. Even after all this time, they still didn't have any roots. I dug out and replanted a bunch of already-rooted dwarf snapdragons, and they are doing fine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Growing sunflowers from Pennsylvania in Arizona

How to tell if your cycad (sago palm) is alive or dead

Rooting sago palm pups for more plants