Progress on the coleus seedlings

After doing more research, I found that just sitting by a window doesn't supply enough light for growing seedlings. I found an old lamp in the garage and it has made a difference. This past year has been a good learning experience for me!

The *pots* are made from cut-down disposable coffee cups, filled with potting soil which has a few pieces of Miracle Grow® and some polymer watering crystals. I keep a little spray bottle handy and give the seedlings a little spray every once in a while. They are on my dresser right next to my computer so it's no trouble.

By the way, the bigger seedling at the lower right corner of the photo is a dwarf petunia. I have a label in there to remind me. The other seedlings, like the little alyssum to the left, are big enough now that I can recognize them without a label.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Growing sunflowers from Pennsylvania in Arizona

How to tell if your cycad (sago palm) is alive or dead

Rooting sago palm pups for more plants