Repairing the flagstone path

Last summer, to my dismay, I noticed that the big piece of flagstone at the beginning of the walk to Phase II was starting to *teeter-totter*. Now, this part of the garden is not ADA compliant, but still, a path should not wobble, it's just irritating! And now that the weather has cooled down, I am repairing it.

In order to do this right, I needed two bags of sand. I lifted up the *teeter-totter* rock and dumped a full bag of sand in for it to lie down flat. I saw that I had used a little sand before, but not enough. This time I was generous! I also lifted the flagstone blocks that touched it in the corner, and brought up their level as close as possible. Today I am starting to put in the grout. What I have learned to do is to is to get the sand out of the cracks between the blocks. The grout will stick to the flagstone, but not to the sand. The sand is under the flagstone, but not in-between. I laid in the grout dry and got it started getting wet with a small spray bottle. After that I can use a very gentle spray from the hose.

It's a nice overcast day for this, which is perfect. I'm glad I waited!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Growing sunflowers from Pennsylvania in Arizona

How to tell if your cycad (sago palm) is alive or dead

Rooting sago palm pups for more plants