An overcast day at The Tropical Paradise

We get so much sunshine here in the desert that an overcast day is unusual. But it's really not that unusual for the Sonoran Desert, which is where my plants and I are, to get rain in the winter. Winter rains are usually very gentle, as compared to the summer rains, which are usually thunderstorms.

Part of the reason that I like it here is because of the blue skies. I lived in Southern California for a few years, and it's nice, but the sky is rarely blue. And I'm not just talking about the smog in LA! Even in Santa Barbara, it's usually cloudy. I grew up in Minnesota, the land of sky-blue waters, which has some awesome sky blue skies, too!

For me, I prefer clear skies and no rain, but my plants think otherwise. This is good for them!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Growing sunflowers from Pennsylvania in Arizona

How to tell if your cycad (sago palm) is alive or dead

Rooting sago palm pups for more plants