Planting lettuce seeds in The Tropical Paradise

Yesterday I planted some Seeds of Change© Bergam's Green Leaf Lettuce seeds here in The Tropical Paradise. Lettuce has a nice tropical ground cover texture to it, and you can eat it! If you plant leaf lettuce, you just cut off the leaves that you want to add to your salad, instead of digging up the whole plant (that would be head lettuce). The plant keeps growing, and you have more edible ground cover. I experimented a bit last year and found that the area near my dining room window was the best.

This year I prepared the planting area by putting down some fresh Miracle Grow Moisture Control™ potting soil, slow-release fertilizer, scattered the seeds as evenly as I could, and topped it with Seed Starter™ potting soil, well watered in. This part of the garden only gets morning sun and it will be perfect for a cool-weather crop like lettuce. I even put in a little plastic plant marker that says *lettuce* and the day I planted them, but I won't forget!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Growing sunflowers from Pennsylvania in Arizona

How to tell if your cycad (sago palm) is alive or dead

Rooting sago palm pups for more plants