Cycads and palms at night

Here is one of my favorite views, palms and cycads up-lighted with Malibu lights. Putting in some spotlights and path lights is an inexpensive way to make your tropical paradise look like an exotic resort at night. Since this is in my back yard, I can adjust and modify the lighting as much as I want. I have experimented over the years, and started with a very cheap plastic system but a couple of years ago I upgraded to an all metal system that supports these beautiful 20-watt spotlights. I've added some path lights to fill in certain areas, but the trick is to do as much as possible with spotlights.

And yeah, 20 watts isn't much in a lightbulb in your house, but outdoors it is fantastic. I tested the placement and angle of the lighting with a flashlight. You gotta stand back and look at it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Growing sunflowers from Pennsylvania in Arizona

How to tell if your cycad (sago palm) is alive or dead

Rooting sago palm pups for more plants