Orbit battery-powered timer for watering The Tropical Paradise

After all of my careful preparations to ensure that my watering system would operate perfectly during the summer months, I realized with dismay yesterday that the newly-replaced Toro irrigation timer had failed. No, it wasn't the batteries, I tried that.

So early this morning I drove to Walmart and bought an Orbit 1 Dial Electronic Hose Timer, which I had researched online. I like it. Even though I have resisted anything that had a digital display, this one seems pretty user-friendly. As you can see, the numbers and the dials are big enough for a middle-aged guy like me to see without his reading glasses! I will replace the other timers (both in the front and here for the misting system), too.

I use Energizer Ultimate Lithium batteries, which are more expensive, but really do last much longer. And the less I need to go back there and fiddle with this stuff, the better! Macintosh, the good little wiener dog, doesn't seem to mind going back there, looking for her friends, the geckos.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Growing sunflowers from Pennsylvania in Arizona

How to tell if your cycad (sago palm) is alive or dead

Rooting sago palm pups for more plants