The view from my kitchen window at The Tropical Paradise

It's a couple of days from Halloween, and most of the damage from the recent freak hail storm here in Glendale has gone. It was just a few weeks ago, and I pretty much cut all of the caladiums (elephant ears) and cannas to the ground. As I expected, the ornamental sweet potato vine (glowing vibrant green - and it really looks like that in "real life"!) is coming back very strong as it's getting the benefit of a lot more light.

In the foreground is a rubber tree, which I bought as a tiny "houseplant" last spring. It's growing so fast, and they get so big, that I will need to keep an eye on that one!

It's still pretty warm here in Glendale, up into the high eighties, so I am leaving the automatic watering at every 48 hours. When it cools down for real, I will change it to just once a week or less. I will also cut down on how often the misters come on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Growing sunflowers from Pennsylvania in Arizona

How to tell if your cycad (sago palm) is alive or dead

Rooting sago palm pups for more plants